Salary: £60,000 - £80,000 (Dependant on experience)
Location: Flexible: Reigate or Manchester area - 80% remote
Job type: Full or Part time
Infinity delivers call intelligence pioneered for business. We unlock clarity from the conversations companies have with their customers. We are a cloud-based call tracking platform, and an integral part of the technology stack for marketing teams and contact centres across our extensive international client base.
Our journey started in 2010 when we identified the need for a call tracking product from over a decade of experience of managing paid search campaigns.
Following a steady, organic growth and a strategic investment, we now have a presence across five locations, including London, Manchester, and San Francisco.
Despite our continued growth we stick to a set of core values which we think makes us a great place to work and has made us the success that we are today, and the success we will be in the future. To be part of this inspiring team, you will need to have Impact in all you do, work smart, and be daring, fun and positive! In return you will get a great work environment, a set of colleagues like no other, and be able to build your skills and career with us.
About the job
As a senior data engineer, you contribute to the development, delivery and maintenance of data services on the latest cloud technology. You will work closely with the head of architecture to define our data strategy.
You work together with other developers, product owners and the client to ensure that a modern, standards compliant data platform is built, and new applications are developed on the chosen cloud platform. You design, develop and test data models, ensuring adequate levels of data hygiene and governance. Together as a team, you ensure that the solutions meet the wishes of the customer.
You work on strategic data science and analytical projects where you are deployed at an early stage and are jointly responsible for delivering high-quality solutions.
You will take lead on building ways to improve data security, reliability and efficiency. You will strive to have a robust data version system. Together with the product and the automation team, you will work on defining functional and non-functional acceptance criteria.
- You enjoy working in an agile environment, taking part in backlog refinements, sprint planning, daily stand-ups and end of sprint demos
- You like to get work done, identify blockers and implement solutions
- You like helping team members
- You feel the need to be involved in architecture decisions
- You are comfortable making decisions in a fast-paced environment
- You focus on quality and delighting the end customer
- You have strong analytical skills, critical thinking, and a keen eye for details
- You stay on top of data techniques and understand best industry standards
- You are not afraid to be wrong, to change your mind and your priorities when appropriate
- Plan, document, and maintain data architecture and models
- Document application process for future maintenance and upgrades
- Build the infrastructure for optimal ETL and insights
- Build tools to showcase actionable insights
- Automate data deployment pipelines
- Ensure data separation and security across national boundaries
- Lead activities to ensure data security, accessibility and version control
- Implement ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Ensure data is available to justify functional and non-functional requirements
- Adapt and ensure adherence to evolving best practices
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Commercial experience designing and building large scale data stores
- In-depth knowledge of data modelling and data warehousing
- Experience with AWS data products (e.g. Redshift, DynamoDB, RDS)
- Proficient in the workings of SQL and NoSQL
- Proficient with shell scripting, Python, Go, and/or NodeJS
- Proficient with Agile, Scrum and Devops
- Working knowledge of data pipeline tools (e.g. Spark, Stitch, dbt)
- Working knowledge of JSON, XML and alternative formats
- Ability to prioritise and work autonomously
- Willingness to change priorities according to business needs
- Proven ability to go beyond your core tasks
Beneficial, but not essential
- Working knowledge of R or Scala
- Machine Learning or AI experience
- Working knowledge of PHP or Java
- Experience of other AWS products, e.g. S3, Lambda, API Gateway
- Working for a Martech company
- Experience with hands on devops
Benefits you can enjoy
- 25 days holiday (with the option to buy up to an additional 5 days per year)
- Private single medical insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance (4x Salary)
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- Tech Scheme Loan (of up to £2,000 per year)
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Dedicated annual company and team social budget
At infinity, our aim is to be the best call tracking provider in the world and to do that we welcome our employees with open arms and create an environment where you can bring your best self, every day! Infinity is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, we believe that diversity and inclusion among our incredible workforce is critical to driving our success and helping us achieve our ambitious targets! Our mission is to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals, each with their own story to tell.