Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
Location: Manchester or Reigate, UK - Hybrid work set up of 2 days in the office 3 days WFH.
Job type: Full time
Reporting To: Customer Support Manager
Infinity is a call intelligence company that analyses conversations between clients and their customers to create clarity. This clarity helps them grow revenue while reducing marketing and operational costs.
The business was launched in 2010 and is the established UK market leader with annual recurring revenues of £8m and growing at 50% year on year. With 20% of revenue in the US, Infinity is poised for full international expansion with coverage in 75 countries, including 800+ customers and 80+ employees in Reigate and London (UK), Baltimore and San Francisco (US).
Infinity secured £10m of Private Equity investment to accelerate the growth of the business. The goal is now to grow 5-fold through organic growth and acquisitions, new routes to market, international expansion and development of new services.
We are obsessed with cutting-edge technology and continuously finding ways to make our products even better. Success is part of our culture, we promote passion, team-working and fun! Our people share our company values, which translates into our clients’ experience.
Profile of Role
We are looking for a Technical Support Team Leader to join our successful company and help shape and develop our Support function.
The Technical Support Team Leader will be responsible for driving an efficient and motivated Technical Support Team, aiding the Customer Support Manager in measuring team performance against set KPI’s. The ideal candidate will lead by example with a player/coach mentality on day to day Support activities and is responsible for the ongoing training and act as liaison between the Support and Solutions/Development Teams.
The role includes responsibilities in directly managing Technical Support Colleagues, performing 1:1 meetings, recruitment, resource planning and personal development of Technical Support Specialists.
The Technical Support function is vital for providing a highly effective and technically compatible service to existing clients by being the liaison between development, solutions and our customers within Support. This is achieved through providing 3rd line technical support to colleagues within the support team and directly to customers.
The overall aim is to ensure our customers unique requirements have been carefully considered to ensure our the right solution and support response is provided and implemented customers get off to the best possible success and longevity of the subscription through providing a strong operational and technical grounding.
- Be the point of escalation for technical support tickets, by providing 3rd line technical support to both Support Representatives and to external customers. Own escalations and collaborate with colleagues to solve problems and improve future processes.
- Maintain an ethos of continual improvement in the team and wider business whether that be re-defining processes, better use of technology etc. to maximise operational efficiencies. Provide regular feedback between Solutions and Development, to ensure we are reviewing technical issues and restrictions that occur within support.
- Proactively produce and update technical content within the Campus, ensuring technical knowledge is known and up to date. Ensure regular training is conducted with support representatives and knowledge is shared across the wider CX team in knowledge sharing sessions.
- Preserve and grow your knowledge of technical procedures, products and services within our own business and within our industry e.g. competitor and marketing knowledge. Maintain a good understanding of the marketing technology sector and have overall commercial awareness for the business.
- Maintain a strong understanding carriers information, including restrictions and commercial understanding of number ordering and telco cost. Always have an up to date knowledge of POA’s and any territory restrictions and unsure this is shared across relevant departments e.g. Sales and CX.
- Produce complex technical diagrams when required to demonstrate a technical solution to customers when required. Diagrams and documents to be kept up to date and on brand.
- Aid the Customer Support Manager in achieving wider Support objectives on an ad hoc basis
- Manage colleagues under direct line management through KPI’s and appraisals, providing regular feedback during 1-2-1’s and developing individuals within the team
- Manage holiday and sick leave for the Support colleagues under direct line management, in line with the employee handbook
Key Skills & Behaviours
- Excellent project management skills; time management and communication
- Aspire to maintain the professional, knowledgeable, helpful and approachable reputation of the departmen
- Drive a culture of positive hard-working behaviour across the team by setting a professional example always in behaviour, attitude and results.
About the person
- 3-4 minimum years of customer service experience in B2B software
- Technically minded who has a passion for technology.
- Proven experience in a technical support style role.
- A valued team member who upholds Infinity values and professional integrity
- Proven experience in a Customer Service or Customer Support Team Manager role
- Knowledge of most standard desktop software applications e.g. excel, word, outlook etc
- Excellent organization; project management; time management and communication skills.
- Self-starter who actively looks for improvements and drives the continuous improvement agenda.
Beneficial, but not essential
- Experience in using Salesforce
- Experience of call tracking systems.
- Experience of online marketing
- Experience of SaaS business
Benefits you can enjoy
- 25 days holiday (with the option to buy up to an additional 5 days per year)
- Private single medical insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance (4x Salary)
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- Tech Scheme Loan (of up to £2,000 per year)
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Dedicated annual company and team social budget
At infinity, our aim is to be the best call tracking provider in the world and to do that we welcome our employees with open arms and create an environment where you can bring your best self, every day! Infinity is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, we believe that diversity and inclusion among our incredible workforce is critical to driving our success and helping us achieve our ambitious targets! Our mission is to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals, each with their own story to tell.