Salary: Up to £100k
Location: Flexible: Reigate or Manchester area
Job type: Full time
Reporting To: VP of Engineering
Infinity delivers call intelligence pioneered for business. We unlock clarity from the conversations companies have with their customers. We are a cloud-based call tracking platform, and an integral part of the technology stack for marketing teams and contact centres across our extensive international client base.
Our journey started in 2010 when we identified the need for a call tracking product from over a decade of experience of managing paid search campaigns.
Following a steady, organic growth and a strategic investment, we now have a presence across five locations, including London, Manchester, and San Francisco.
Despite our continued growth we stick to a set of core values which we think makes us a great place to work and has made us the success that we are today, and the success we will be in the future. To be part of this inspiring team, you will need to have Impact in all you do, work smart, and be daring, fun and positive! In return you will get a great work environment, a set of colleagues like no other, and be able to build your skills and career with us.
About the job
Pre-sales Engineering provides technical subject matter expertise in support of Infinity’s sales efforts. We study the market, analyse customer experience, and ensure solutions achieve both customer and Infinity business goals. We are reliable and dependable partners throughout the sales cycle, from discovery to close. We work with sales teams and with clients and potential clients – to help all parties understand technical processes and capabilities. The Head of Pre-sales Engineering is an individual contributor providing sound engineering advice and support across specific sales / client groups and product areas.
We act as a subject matter expert providing an escalation point for customer support teams when required. We train new joiners and form a crucial part, not only of the new employee, but also of the new customer onboarding journey.
We partner with the product and software development team and remain at the forefront of new technologies that are being rolled out as part of the product roadmap.
As a solution expert, we bring our business, technical and project expertise to the pre-sales process and participate in the client follow-up once the solution has gone live.
For this support structure to be successful we need an experienced, engaged team player to lead the team.
- Fully accountable for leading the pre-sales engineering team as it goes through a period of growth, defining vision and processes
- Lead technical resource through sales process, empower and support sales team
- Lead the RFP and RFI response process, coordinating and supporting pre-sales and sales team, completing detailed tender and design documentation
- Analyse the needs of our prospective customers, particularly in the context of RFPs, understand and evaluate their challenges and technology landscape
- Be able to articulate technical and business insights, carry out demonstrations and presentations of solutions to showcase the value and capabilities of the Infinity platform
- Be able to influence customers, you pride yourself on delivering excellent internal and external customer service
- Defining KPIs for the pre-sales team and implement transparent reporting of metrics
- Lead the formulation of technical offers including the costing by ensuring the feasibility and profitability of the project which includes the technical, exchange and management aspects.
- Support the onboarding team with the implementation and go-live for our customers
- Be confident to lead meetings / workshops / presentations to present functional, integration and project topics to prospect customers
- Write internal documentation for each prospect that will serve as a reference for the formal kick-off of the project
- Provide feedback to product teams on product improvements and evolution of offers
- Organizing weekly follow-up meetings with the sales team
- Undertaking daily stand-ups with the pre-sales engineering team and helping the team get unblocked
- Participate in client follow-ups once production has been launched, in close collaboration with project managers, support and sales representatives, on the phases of cross-selling or optimization of the performance of the solution
- 5+ years’ experience within the CCaaS and SaaS industries.
- 2+ years’ experience with Customer Journey Optimisation.
- 3+ years’ experience managing a team or pre-sales engineering team.
- Demonstrable experience from inception, Proof of Concept (POC), bid proposals, project, and technical documents, identifying new sales opportunities.
- Strong interpersonal, written and communications skills.
- Strong commercial understanding.
- Knowledge of the Martech landscape.
- Handson experience with Google Analytics.
- Knowledge of SA360 and/or PowerBI.
- Demonstrable consultative selling experience.
- Analytical skills to evaluate and interpret product and service-related situations.
- Experience as an influential, passionate, and confident public speaker.
- Ability to:
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with sales teams, partners, vendors, and customers.
- Understand sales processes, strategies, and solution selling.
- Dig into issues and problems to understand underlying causes.
- Create compelling proposals and documentation.
Benefits you can enjoy
- 25 days holiday (with the option to buy up to an additional 5 days per year)
- Private single medical insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance (4x Salary)
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- Tech Scheme Loan (of up to £2,000 per year)
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Dedicated annual company and team social budget
At infinity, our aim is to be the best call tracking provider in the world and to do that we welcome our employees with open arms and create an environment where you can bring your best self, every day! Infinity is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, we believe that diversity and inclusion among our incredible workforce is critical to driving our success and helping us achieve our ambitious targets! Our mission is to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals, each with their own story to tell.