Salary: £30,000 - £40,000
Location: Flexible: Reigate or Manchester area
Job type: Full time
Infinity delivers call intelligence pioneered for business. We unlock clarity from the conversations companies have with their customers. We are a cloud-based call tracking platform, and an integral part of the technology stack for marketing teams and contact centres across our extensive international client base.
Our journey started in 2010 when we identified the need for a call tracking product from over a decade of experience of managing paid search campaigns.
Following a steady, organic growth and a strategic investment, we now have a presence across five locations, including London, Manchester, and San Francisco.
Key to our continued growth are our values which we think makes us a great place to work and has made us the success that we are today, and the success we will be in the future. To be part of this inspiring team, you will need to show up and have Impact in all you do, enjoy collaborating - winning and learning together, comfortable measuring what matters to strive to improve and willing to grow and evolve! In return you will get a great work environment, a set of colleagues like no other, and be able to build your skills and career with us.
About the job
We are looking for an ambitious and self-driven Software Architect to join our team! As a Software Architect, you will be responsible for making design choices, coordinate and oversee technical standards, including software coding standards, tools, and platforms.
A software architect needs to interact with clients, product managers, and developers in order to envision, model and provide initial models and designs that can be built. This role may include meeting potential or current customers. A software architect has to constantly review code to ensure design quality by avoiding complexity, advocating clarity and to do this with the team. This usually requires hands-on work in terms of developing prototypes, contributing code or evaluating technologies.
The role of a software architect includes collaborative working with a degree of humility and providing mentoring as required. Such collaboration allows the architect to become familiar with the skills and interests in the team and to share their knowledge with the rest of the team. Humility is required to ensure that all the team is listened to, as they may have more specific experience or knowledge for the problem at hand.
To succeed in Infinity and this role you need to be inquisitive with a growth mindset. You’ll be helping to evolve our technical plans, always looking for ways to improve things and with an eye on the results.
You are a creative thinker, able to articulate your ideas to technical and non-technical audiences. You’ll combine the best of your ideas with those around you, and support the team seeing them through to completion.
Being a team player is essential. In infinity that means being open, honest, consistent and fair and contributing to a sense of purpose and positive team morale.
Key Responsibilities (bullet points)
- Identify stakeholder and business requirements for each project
- Collaborate with team members to determine best practices and requirements for software
- Choose appropriate system architecture at a high level and for some individual components
- Provide project support and documentation
- Oversee and approve final products before formal launch
- Oversee and support the coaching and training of team members to ensure all necessary employees are confident of the architecture needs
- Architectural and code reviews
- Prepare internal reports detailing achieved milestones and short-term project goals
- Continually research best practices in software development
- Actively seek ways to improve business software processes and interactions
- Review software for security and data protection compliance
- Troubleshoot coding problems quickly and efficiently to ensure a productive workplace
- Control the architecture during the next iteration of the system release
Essential Skills (bullet points)
- Knowledge of common architectural patterns
- Knowledge of cloud services architecture, particularly AWS
- Proficient with Agile, Scrum and Devops
- Ability to prioritise work
- Work autonomously
- Willingness to accept changes to priorities
- Critical thinking and a strong problem solver
Desirable Skills (bullet points)
- Demonstrable experience designing and building enterprise scale solutions.
- Experience with call routing and PBX management.
- An understanding of emerging telephony services technologies, including Cloud Communication services.
- Can write and produce technical and operational management documentation, including high-level infrastructure designs, low-level implementation plans and associated operational support documentation.
- Use recognised methodologies - evidence ITIL, Scrum or other recognised process / Project Management (Agile, Prince2) methodology.
- A record of accomplishment of leading and delivering large scale service transformations.
- Hands-on software development experience
Reporting to the Head of Architecture, the role will work closely with the wider business and the technology team to support all services relating to our platform. As necessary the role is likely to be responsible for managing a small virtual project team.
As this is a new team structure, there is an opportunity with this role to help shape processes and functions which govern how operations run in the department.
If this sounds like the role for you and you have the necessary skills and experience, please send your CV today.
Benefits you can enjoy
- 25 days holiday (with the option to buy up to an additional 5 days per year)
- Private single medical insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance (4x Salary)
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- Tech Scheme Loan (of up to £2,000 per year)
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Dedicated annual company and team social budget
At infinity, our aim is to be the best call tracking provider in the world and to do that we welcome our employees with open arms and create an environment where you can bring your best self, every day! Infinity is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, we believe that diversity and inclusion among our incredible workforce is critical to driving our success and helping us achieve our ambitious targets! Our mission is to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals, each with their own story to tell.