Telephony Support Specialist
Salary: Up to £30,000
Location: Reigate (Surrey)
Team: CX Operations / Support (Customer Experience)
Job Type: Full Time | Hybrid - 2 days in office | 4.5 day work week (Half day Fridays)
Are you a dedicated and customer-focused individual with a passion for technology and telecommunications? We are seeking a skilled Telephony Support Specialist to join our dynamic team at Infinity SaaS, a cutting-edge software company in Surrey. Infinity is an advanced analytics and call-tracking service. We’ve established ourselves as a market leader with an innovative and exciting product attracting a number of well-known brands.
The business was launched in 2010 and is an established market leader. Annual revenues 15m+ and significantly growing. The firm is already hugely profitable with 1600+ clients and employs 120+ people across London, Reigate, Baltimore & California USA, and Spain. We see a huge potential in the cloud contact centre market and the convergence of the requirements of marketing, sales, service/support, and operational teams. We are obsessed with cutting-edge technology and continuously finding ways to make our products even better. Success is part of our culture, we promote passion, team working and fun! Our people share our company values (Impact, Working Smart and Daring/Fun/Positive Energy), which translates into our clients’ experience.
Profile of Role
Infinity’s Telephony Support Specialist will predominantly manage our Number ordering and Porting to guide and manage direct carrier relationships to better serve our customers with porting. The Telephony Support Specialist autonomously owns Local Number Portability, order processing including placing and managing orders through various software and web-based interfaces, monitoring orders through Portability life cycle, porting on status of orders being worked, dialogue with internal colleagues and customers.
As a Telephony Support Specialist, you will be the main point of contact for resolving porting-related escalations, Internal number ordering requests, replacing number stock, internal questions, and complex customer requests. The ideal candidate will be a team player who can strategically problem-solve while maintaining focus under pressure. The ideal candidate must be able to work closely with multiple vendors, building and maintaining relationships, to creatively drive faster resolution of complex issues.
Our CX Operations team is also known as the breeding ground for our future talent for our business. This role could be the perfect stepping stone to an exciting career in digital/technology.
• Provide expert telephony support to our clients via various communication
channels, including phone, email, and live chat.
• Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues related to our telephony software,
collaborating with internal teams to ensure swift resolution.
• Guide clients through the setup, configuration, and usage of our telephony
software, ensuring a seamless onboarding experience.
• Document and escalate complex issues to higher tiers of support, contributing to
the development of comprehensive solutions.
• Contribute to the creation and maintenance of support documentation and
knowledge base articles.
What You’ll do:
• Works directly and autonomously with the top tier customers, providing expected
service for them, managing and discerning additional tools, and resources to solve
• Works directly and autonomously with customers during the number porting and
ordering process to ensure a seamless transition resolving complex issues using
discernment and judgment, and creatively removing roadblocks throughout the
• Manages orders through various interfaces with a high level of discernment,
accuracy, and quality.
• Independently manages and drives all stages of order implementation up to and
through order completion.
• Owns customer porting relationship and provides constant, professional
communication of information to customers, vendors, and internal team members
via email, phone, chat, and customer user interface.
• Autonomously solves incomplete orders and or rejected orders.
• Obtain a Letter of Agency (LOA) from the customer to request Customer Service
Records (CSRs) from incumbent LEC.
• Collaborate with team members to improve the overall Porting experience for both
customers and teams.
• Leads follow-through communication on open carrier escalations, provisioning,
and system updates.
• Cultivate strong relationships with external carriers to resolve complex problems
• Manages customer expectations on timelines and processes throughout the
• Resolves order rejects with customer in a timely manner and escalates as needed.
• Works with other technical groups to facilitate number activation.
• Works with customers and partners to resolve errors with the port orders, such as
address mismatch, name mismatch, vendors, etc.
• Processes and updates numbers in customer’s account a provisioning platform.
• Reviews port requests daily for accuracy and to ensure
timelines are being met, if timelines are in jeopardy sets expectations with
customers and escalates to appropriate parties.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
•2+ years of working knowledge of the Telecom industry.
•Strong understanding of telecommunications concepts, VoIP technologies, SIP
trunking and telephony systems.
• Proficiency in troubleshooting software-related issues, with the ability to analyse
and resolve technical problems effectively.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with a keen ability to
convey technical information in an understandable manner.
• Collaborative team player with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and
• Experience with Salesforce platform.
• Basic knowledge of switching technologies and routing.
• Proficient in MS Software applications, specifically Outlook, Excel, and Word
• Exhibits a strong level of initiative and resourcefulness.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills, including written and verbal.
• Experience viewing Pcap files to diagnose possible call issues
• Basic API knowledge
• Knowledge/Experience with an API platform (Ideally Postman)
• Competitive salary and benefits package.
• Ongoing opportunities for professional development and training.
• Inclusive and diverse company culture that values each team member's
• Cutting-edge technology environment with a focus on innovation.
• Chance to work alongside experienced professionals in the SaaS industry.
If you're ready to take your telephony support career to the next level and join a forward-thinking SaaS company, we encourage you to apply. Help us shape the future of telecommunications while delivering exceptional service to our valued clients. Apply today by submitting your CV and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and enthusiasm for the role.
Benefits you can enjoy
• 4.5 day working week
• 25 days holiday (with the option to buy up to an additional 5 days per year)
• Private single medical insurance
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Life Assurance (4x Salary)
• Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
• Tech Scheme Loan (of up to £2,000 per year)
• Ride to Work Scheme
• Season Ticket Loan
• Dedicated annual company and team social budget
At Infinity, our aim is to be the best call tracking provider in the world and to do that we welcome our employees with open arms and create an environment where you can bring your best self, every day! Infinity is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, we believe that diversity and inclusion among our incredible workforce is critical to driving our success and helping us achieve our ambitious targets! Our mission is to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals, each with their own story to tell.